Illustrated by Anni Nykänen
Tilda and Sisu, sister and brother, have moved. In the new school and kindergarten they have to find their place.They teach us how to be brave, be good enough just the way you are.
The book includes short stories of Tilda and Sisu and then small tasks: what is your superpower, how to deal with bullying and how to hold one's ground without being mean or violent.
There has been a lot of talk about bullying among kids and young (and not enough talk about bullying among adults). All adults should read this book. I am so glad the kids are learning these emotional and social skills early on. The message in this book is that when some one bullies you, it is not your fault, it is theirs. This seems to be forgotten in most cases
|Are you the champion in friendlyness?|
- Look people in the eye
- Hug a family member every day
- Congratulate when someone succeeds
- Give compliments
- Ask those who are alone to join what you are doing
- Help the elderly
- Greet people in school/day care (it is amazing how many adults forget to do this at work!)
- donate unused toys, clothing to charity