Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Fairytale of different seasons

Ebba Varma: Vuodenaikojen satu 2003
Illustrations by Martta Wendelin

Facsimile from a booklet that was published in 1945

Poems about the season. How in the spring the earth wakes up. I wonder who read these type of publications? I asked my mother and she told me that she did not have fairytales when she was a child. They hardly had any adult books. To me this was very surprising, since my parents read many children's books to us. I always thought that my mother had read a lot of books as a child and that's why we had so many books. But that is not the case.






I also wondered, what I have given to my boys that didn't exist in the 1980s. We had electronic games (and in my mind the tab games are the same category), boardgames, books, animations. Back in the 1980s we even had a videocamera. Did the technology take such a big leap back then that it is not possible to do again?


No comments:

Post a Comment